DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
AND DISINVESTMENT, PUNJAB
Cabinet Sub Committee on Disinvestment (CCD)
1. The Government of Punjab vide notification no. 1/17/07-3 Cab/2740 dt. 25.7.2012 has constituted the
Cabinet Sub Committee on Disinvestment with the following members:-
Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal, Dy. Chief Minister, Punjab
Bhagat Chuni Lal, Local Govt. Minister, Punjab
Sh. Adesh Partap Singh Kairon, Food & Civil Supplies Minister, Pb.
S. Parminder Singh Dhindsa, Finance, Minister, Punjab.
Sh. Anil Joshi, Industries & Commerce, Minister, Punjab
S. Surjit Singh Rakhra, Rural Dev. & Panchayat Minister, Punjab
Principal Secretary Finance, Punjab
2. The functions of the Cabinet Committee will be as follows:-
Ø To consider the advice of the Core Group of Secretaries regarding policy issues
relating to the disinvestment programme.
Ø To decide the price band for the sale of Government shares through GDR/domestic capital
market route prior to the book building exercise, and to decide the final price of sale in all cases.
Ø To decide the final pricing of the transaction and the strategic partner in case of strategic sales.
Ø To decide on cases where there is disagreement between the recommendations of the Disinvestment
Commission and the views of the Directorate of Public Enterprises & Disinvestment, Department of Finance.
Ø To approve the three-year rolling plan and the annual programme of disinvestment every year.
Ø To decide the final pricing of the transaction and successful bidder in case of sale through
sealed bid auction procedure.
- The Directorate of Public Enterprises & Disinvestment will serve as the Secretariat for the Committee.
The Directorate will draw up proposals on the basis of recommendations of the Core Group to be chaired by the Chief Secretary,
and put up to the Committee for its consideration. The Committee has been empowered by the Council of Ministers to
take final decisions on issues presented before it.
- While discussing various measures and at the time of final decision on proposals, this Sub-Committee in its discretion
can include any Member of the Council of Ministers, especially the Minister-in-charge of the concerned Department.
- Principal Secretary Finance and Disinvestment will be the Convener of this Committee.
Committee of Core Group of Officers on Disinvestment (CGD)
1. The Government of Punjab has also constituted vide its notification No. 10(7)3/02-5FE4/Spl dated 12th July, 2002,
Core Group of Officers Committee with the following members:-
Chief Secretary, Punjab
Principal Secretary Finance
Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab.
Administrative Secretary of the concerned Department
Managing Director of the concerned PSU
Director Public Enterprises & Disinvestment
2. The functions of the Core Group will be as follows :-
Ø The Core Group shall directly supervise the implementation of the decisions of all strategic sales;
Ø The Core Group shall monitor the progress of implementation of the decisions of the Cabinet Sub Committee;
Ø The Core Group shall make recommendations to the Cabinet Committee on Disinvestment on disinvestment policy matters.