DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
AND DISINVESTMENT, PUNJAB
PSUs under disinvestment and current status:
- PUNJAB COMMUNICATIONS LTD (PUNCOM): As per decision of the Cabinet Sub Committee on Disinvestment, the disinvestment process in this unit has been restarted.
- PUNJAB ALKALIES & CHEMICALS (PACL): As per decision of the Cabinet Sub Committee on Disinvestment, the process of disinvestment in PACL has again been re-started and M/S IFCI Ltd., New Delhi have been appointed as Global Advisors.
- PUNJAB AGRO JUICES LTD (PAJL): As per decision of the Cabinet Sub Committee on Disinvestment, the process of disinvestment in PAJL has been started and M/S Deloitte Touche Tohmastu India Pvt. Ltd, Gurgaon have been appointed as Global Advisors and M/S Khaitan & Co. New Delhi have been appointed as Legal Advisors. EOIs are being invited.
- PUNJAB TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (PTDC): Govt. has decided not to disinvest the remaining Tourist Complexes of PTDC.
- WINDING UP OF CLOSED UNITS: : The winding up of the PUNTEX, LEATHERA, HOSIERY & KNITWEAR, Punjab Film & News Corporation and Punjab Poultry Development Corporation is in progress.
- THE PUNJAB STATE COOPERATIVE SPINNING MILLS FEDERATION (SPINFED): Winding up decision was taken on 30.4.2003. VRS has been given to all Head Office employees of SPINFED. Out of the 5 remaining Coop. Miils at Bathinda, Abohar, Goindwal, Kotkapura and Tappa, mills at Kotkapura, Tappa and Goindwal have been finally disposed off. Plant and machinery of Bathinda and Abohar Coop. Spg. Mills has been disposed off but the land is yet to be disposed off. This is being done by RCS and Department of Cooperation.